Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose CAS:9004-65-3
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose
(HPMC) is water-soluble ether with thermal gelation properties, which has excellent cold-water soluble and hot water insoluble properties. It is a non-ionic cellulose ether mixture, the solution of non-ionic charges, which can’t react with metal salts or ionic compounds. It has PH stability, strong enzyme resistance and metabolic inertia; also has a good dispersion, emulsification, thickening, adhesion, water retention and protective colloid properties. Therefore, it is widely used in construction, paint, synthetic resin, ceramics, tobacco, textile, daily chemical, petrochemical and electronic industries.
Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose (HPMC)
is odorless, tasteless,non-toxic cellulose ethers produce from natural high molecula and protective colloid properties of surface activity and maintain moisture function properties ect.cellulose through series of chemical processing and achieved.It is white powder with good water solubility. It has thickening, adhesion ,dispersing, emulsifying, film, suspended, adsorption, gel.
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose CAS:9004-65-3 is used for wall putty, tile adhesive, cement mortar, dry mix mortar, wall plaster, skim coat, mortar, concrete admixtures, cement, gypsum plaster, joints fillers, crack filler, etc.
1) Appearance: Appearance: white or off-white powder , odorless and flavorless.
2) Particle sizes: 100% pass rate in 80 mesh.
3) Carbonization temperature: 280-300℃. Color change temperature: 190-200℃
4) Apparent density: 0.43-0.50 g/mL (usually about 0.5 g/mL),specific density 1.26-1.31mL.
5) Surface tension: 42-56 dyn/cm (2% aqueous solution with 25 ℃).
6) Solubility: soluble in cold water, glacial acetic acid, ethanol, methanol and propylene glycol, slightly soluble in acetone depending on the degree of substitutions, The
solution of HPMC has surface activity, high transparency, and stable performance. When heated at certain temperature, the solution becomes cloudy or forms flocculent gel.
However, the solution becomes clear again after cooling. Different types of HPMC have different gelation temperatures. The solubility varies with the viscosity. The lower the
viscosity, the higher solubility it has. The properties have differences with different types of HPMC and the solubility in water of HEMC is not affected by PH.
7) The higher methoxy content in HPMC, the lower gelation temperature, and the higher solubility in water and surface activity.
8) HPMC has some other characteristics, for example, thickening property, PH stability, retention of water, excellent film-forming property, good disperse and adhesion ability.
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose CAS:9004-65-3 is used as water-retaining-agent in all kinds of construction materials, such as mortar, plaster, putty powder and other adhesive materials. It enhances the spread ability and the pump ability, lengthens the operable time of the wet materials.
Packing: 25kg net in new PP bag with PE bag inner or 25kg per drum. It need to be moistureproof when storage.