1. Appearance: HPMC is white or off-white fibrous or granular powder, odorless.
2. Properties: HPMC is almost insoluble in anhydrous ethanol, ether and acetone. It rapidly disperses and swells in hot water at 80~90°C, dissolves rapidly after cooling, and the aqueous solution is quite stable at normal temperature. It gels at high temperature, and the gel can change with the solution according to the temperature. It has excellent wettability, dispersibility, adhesion, thickening, emulsifying, water retention and film forming properties, as well as impermeability to grease. The film formed has excellent toughness, flexibility and transparency. Because it is nonionic, it can be compatible with other emulsifiers, but it is easy to salt out and the solution is stable in the range of PH2-12.
3. Apparent density: 0.30-0.70g/cm3, density about 1.3g/cm3.
When HPMC products are added directly to the water, they will agglomerate and then dissolve, but this dissolves slowly and is difficult. The following three dissolution methods are recommended, and the user can select the most convenient method according to the usage:
1. Hot water method: Since HPMC is not dissolved in hot water, the initial HPMC can be uniformly dispersed in hot water. When cooling, two typical methods are described as follows:
1) Place the required amount of hot water in the container and heat to about 70 °C. The HPMC was gradually added with slow stirring to start the HPMC floating on the surface of the water, and then a slurry was gradually formed, and the slurry was cooled with stirring.
2) Add a required amount of 1/3 or 2/3 of water to the vessel and heat to 70 ° C. Disperse HPMC according to 1) to prepare a hot water slurry; then add the remaining amount of cold or ice water. To the hot water slurry, the mixture was cooled after stirring.
Second, the powder mixing method: HPMC powder particles and equal or larger amounts of other powdery ingredients, by dry mixing to fully disperse, and then dissolved in water, then HPMC can be dissolved, without agglomeration.
3. Organic solvent wetting method: HPMC is pre-dispersed or wetted with an organic solvent such as ethanol, ethylene glycol or oil, and then dissolved by adding water, and then HPMC can be dissolved smoothly.
This product is widely used in construction, building materials, dispersive coatings, wallpaper paste, polymerization aids, paint remover, leather, ink, paper, etc. as thickeners, adhesives, water retention agents, film formers, Excipients, etc. For example, it is used as a binder, thickener and water retention agent in building materials, as a film-forming agent and thickener in the coating industry, and also widely used in oil drilling and daily chemical industries.
we specialize in manfacture cellulose ethers for more than 10 years ,We have the five full set of advanced equipment , our annual production capacity is 20000 tons of hpmc cellulose
and 15000 tons of redispersible polymer powder per year , today our products cover 30% of the domestic market , and we have established long term business relationship with many countries .
our mainly product include Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose
(HPMC),Carboxy Methyl Cellulose (CMC),Redispersible Polymer Powder(RDP).