Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC)
Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose (HPMC) is non-ionic cellulose ether made from natural high polymer cellulose by series of chemical processing. It is odorless, tasteless and non-toxic white powder, which could be dissolved in cold water to form transparent and thick solution. It possess thickening, binding, dispersing, emulsifing, film forming, suspending, absorbing, gelling, surface activity, water maintaining and protective colloid properties.
Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose
has a wide usage. The products from our company are mainly used in building material, coating industry, ceramics, agriculture, daily chemical and other industries.
(1) the highest density of water-soluble water in any ratio depends on the viscosity, and the solution is not affected by the PH value.
(2) the solubility of HPMC celluloses
in organic solvent can be dissolved in some organic solvent or organic aqueous solution, such as vinyl chloride, ethanol, etc.
(3) thermal gelation when aqueous solution is heated to a certain temperature, a reversible reaction may occur, but its rapid gelation can be controlled.
(4) non-ionic charge HPMC celluloses is non-ionic cellulose ether, which does not complexate with metal ions or lead to insoluble precipitation.
(5) the thickening effect of thickening aqueous solution is related to viscosity, density and system.
(6) water retention HPMC celluloses or its solution has the effect of water absorption.
(7) film forming Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose can be made into smooth, tough, elastic film, with excellent oil resistance and oxidation resistance.
(8) HPMC and its solution have good resistance to enzyme and good viscosity stability.
(9) PH stability Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose is stable in acids and alkalis, and has no effect in ph3-11.
(10) surface tension Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose provides surface activity in solution to emulsify and protect gel.
(11) metabolic inertia is used as an additive in food and medicine. It has no nutrition, no calories and does not change metabolism.
(12) dispersive HPMC can reduce interfacial tension and disperse dispersed phase into suitable particle size.
(13) coherence can be used as pigment, paper adhesive, coating and adhesive.
Lubricity can be used for rubber, asbestos, cement and ceramics to reduce friction and improve pumping adaptability of cement slurry.
(15) suspension agent can prevent the deposition of solid particles.
Emulsification stabilizes the emulsion by reducing the surface tension.
(17) the protection of the gel forms a protective layer on the surface of dispersed droplets.This stabilizes the gel by preventing the droplets from clumping.
Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose (HPMC) Application:
HPMC used in Tile adhesives
1,After using the HPMC celluloses , the tile adhesive can easily to mix with water without lump appeared and save more times . because of the more faster and more efficient ,
it can improve the workability and reduce cost.
2,The HPMC has good bonding effect and good skid resistance.
3,The water retention property of HPMC prolongs the mortar's drying time and improves the consolidation efficiency of the mortar.
HPMC used in Cement-based plastering Mortar
1, The HPMC cellulose ethers
can improve the uniformity of plastering mortars , make plastering easy to spread, and improve the anti-sagging ability of mortar. Improve the fluidity and pumping property of mortar and improve the working efficiency.
2,HPMC can control the penetration of air, eliminate tiny cracks in the coating, forming the ideal smooth surface.
3, HPMC has higher water retention, which can prolong the working time of mortar, improve the working efficiency, and help mortar obtain higher mechanical strength in the solidification period.
HPMC used in masonry mortar
1,HPMC cellulose can improve the bond between mortar and masonry .The water retention of HPMC plays a certain role in improving the strength of mortar.
2,HPMC can improves the lubricity and plasticity of mortar, making construction easier, saving time and reducing cost.
3,HPMC cellulose have more important to superabsorbent masonry .
1, good water retention of HPMC can prolong the drying time of crack packing, which is conducive to improving work efficiency.In addition, high lubricity makes construction easier and smoother.
2, HPMC can improve the shrinkage resistance and crack resistance of crack filler, so as to improve the surface quality.
3, HPMC makes the construction surface delicate and smooth.At the same time, adhesive viscosity was improved.
Gypsum-based plastering and gypsum products
1,Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose can improve the uniformity of plastering mortar, make plastering easy to coating, and improve the anti-sagging ability.Improve the fluidity and pumping property of mortar and improve the working efficiency.
2,high water retention,HPMC can prolong the working time of mortar, improve the working efficiency, and help obtain the mortar with higher mechanical strength to solidify.
3, HPMC can maintain consistency and form a good surface.
Self-leveling floor materials
1, the viscosity of HPMC has an anti-precipitation effect.
2, HPMC can improve the product liquidity and pumping, so as to improve the efficiency of the floor.
3, the water retention performance of HPMC can avoid excessive air penetration.Consequently, cracks and shrinkage are greatly reduced.
Water-based paint and paint remover
1, suspension performance of HPMC can prevent solid precipitation and extend the shelf life.At the same time, it has good compatibility and biological stability with other components.
2, HPMC helps products dissolve quickly without lumping.
3, HPMC makes the coating have good flow performance, small splash, smooth surface.
3, HPMC can increase the viscosity of paint remover and keep it within the working range.
4, HPMC can increase the viscosity of paint remover and keep it within the working range.